David Buchanan SC was admitted to practice in 1975. He was called to the Bar in 1977 and appointed Senior Counsel in 1997. His area of practice is criminal law. He has been involved for many years in the community response to HIV/AIDS both in Australia and overseas. He has a particular interest in the role of the criminal law and of public health interventions in the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- The Response of the Law to Challenges Faced by the LGBT Community
- The United Nations, North Korea, Intellectual Property Rights, and Access to Essential Medicines
- The Futures of Advocacy, Human Rights Protection, and Treatment of Refugees in Australia
- Issues in the Criminalisation of HIV Transmission
- International Legal And Political Developments Concerning LGBTIQ Human Rights